.:: WELCOME TO MY E-PORTFOLIO::.

Assalamulaikum and heloo... Why I create this E-Portfolio??? The purpose of this E-Portfolio is to fulfill the requirement in the subject Information And Communication Technology In Science (ICT). Creating this E-Portfolio is very important for me because I have learnt many things upon completing it. I will upload all my assignments and assessment in this E-Portfolio so that I can share everything that I know to all readers. Hopefully this E-Portfolio will help everyone who is seeking for the related information that I have uploaded. This E-Portflio is a medium for me and readers to share all the informations, news, galleries, comments and etc..... ENJOY YOUR READING =)



Thursday 1 December 2011

REFLECTION ON ICT


ICT is the acronym of the words Information and Communication Technology. From the lesson, I knew that the implementation of ICT in teaching and learning process give a lot of benefits to teachers and students especially. I admit that it really helps the students to improve their performance in academic. During the lecture, we have been explained about a variety of applications in ICT that usually used in teaching science for instance multimedia, CD-ROM, database, data logging, spreadsheet, word processor, simulation and many others.  To be honest, I am not really familiar with some of these applications. In order to solve this problem I am willing to learn and explore all these applications so that I can improve my skills.

                I used to be a primary secondary school student too, so I know how it feels when our teacher applied the ICT in the lesson. I can feel that the lesson is very interesting and I do not feel sleepy in the class. I can pay full attention to the lesson. Meaning that, it is an advantage for us to apply the ICT in the teaching and learning process in the class. Using the ICT teachers can easily explain some of the challenging topics in the learning objective by applying some techniques of teaching and approach in their lesson such as inquiry, mastery and many more. By using the video and simulations students can easily visualize what teachers are teaching and understand them better. Besides that, by creating an interactive and enjoyable environment in the teaching make students feel that the learning is really interesting. This has indirectly reduced the problem of absenteeism in the school.

 However, there are many factors that prevent this from happening. We must know that not all schools in Malaysia were equipped with the ICT tools and applications especially those schools situated in rural area. The devices are also too expensive to afford.  In addition, it might be troublesome to set up the devices if teachers are not familiar with them. It will be a ‘nightmare’ for teachers who lack of experience in using the ICT tools.

Thus, I would suggest that it is better if all the teachers are exposed and trained properly to use the ICT tools and devices so that they will have competency in ICT. As a conclusion we must willing and able to learn something new in order to improve ourselves or be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment